Who we are
Our story began over 125 years ago in Edmonton as Canada's first municipally owned electric utility, and, ten years later, Edmonton's water utility. We provide clean water, wastewater and drainage services and safe, reliable energy to residential and commercial customers.
We build, own and operate electrical, natural gas and water transmission and distribution networks, water and wastewater treatment facilities, sanitary and stormwater systems, and infrastructure in Canada and the United States. We also provides electricity, natural gas and water products and services to residential and commercial customers.
The City of Edmonton is our sole Shareholder, and we operate as a commercial entity, governed by an independent Board of Directors. Since incorporating in 1996, we've achieved exceptional growth and have more than doubled our dividend.
What we do
- Both rate-regulated and contract electricity services to about 600,000 residential and small commercial customers in Alberta.
- Energy distribution to approximately 379,000 residential and commercial customers in Edmonton.
- Water, wastewater and distribution services to more than one million people in over 85 Western Canadian communities and industrial sites.
- Private regulated water to Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, serving more than 360,000 customers in 15 counties and 37 communities
- Natural gas distribution to customers in southwestern Ontario and Texas
We're proud to have been recognized for our leadership on envrionment and social responsibility, and providing a healthy, safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.