Health, Safety & Environment requirements
Safety is a job we all share, whether you're a permanent EPCOR employee or a contractor. We value our relationship with contractors and suppliers, and we're committed to working with our business partners to maintain a leading health, safety and environmental (HSE) culture.
- Proof of current Workers' Compensation insurance and accompanying Clearance Certificate.
- Current contractors and suppliers must complete the Monthly Contractor HS&E Management Reporting Form and send it to the EPCOR representative (EPCOR business contact you're currently working for).
- Adherence to the following EPCOR policies:
The following applies to all contractors/consultants who don't provide professional service exclusively within an office setting:
- Maintain a good standing Certificate of Recognition (COR) by an approved Certifying Partner through Alberta Partnerships Partners in Injury Reduction (PIR), or equivalent program in the jurisdiction where work is to be performed.
- Review of contractor's HS&E policies, procedures and performance by EPCOR.
Contractors who perform work that we identify as being high-consequence must be registered and pre-qualified by EPCOR's third party contractor registry (Avetta).
During the procurement process, potential contractors will be advised of any necessary documentation requirements.
Learn more about our contractor pre-qualification process.